Make Picasa DVD Slideshow with Music
Picasa is a free photo organizing, editing and slideshow making software from Google. It's free, and easy to use. By default, you can backup picasa photos to CD/DVD but not for TV playback. This tutorial explains how to make picasa DVD slideshow with music for TV show-off, photo storage and share.
Part 1: Downloading Picasa Albums or PhotosYou can download entire albums and individual photos onto your computer from Picasa Web Albums.
What you need to download entire Picasa Album
- Picasa must be installed on your computer. Download Here.
- The album owner must enable 'Allow any visitor to download my photos' on the Privacy and Permissions tab of the Settings page. Or you are the owner of Picasa Web Album.
- Picasa Web Album account. Sign up here.
To Download an entire album:1. From Picasa web album, click the album you'd like to download.
2. From the Download menu above your photos, select Download to Picasa.
3. In Picasa, if you're not signed in to your Google Account for Picasa Web Albums, you'll be prompted to do so.
4. In the window that appears, click the Download button.
The downloaded albums photos could be found in the 'Downloaded Albums' collection. For Windows, they locate under "My Documents\My Pictures\Downloaded Albums".
You could also download an individual photo:
1. While viewing the photo you'd like to download, click the Download button above the photo.
2. Select Download Photo.
3. In the window that appears, select Save File.
4. After select save folder, click OK.
Part 2: Making Picasa DVD Slideshow
Things you need:1. DVD Burner and fair quality DVD disc
2. DVD Slideshow Maker (Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder is recommended. )
3. Digital Music (for music video styled dvd slideshow)
Step 1: Add Download Picasa PhotosInstall Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder and launch. You will start from Slideshow tab. Here, click Add Photos/Videos button, in the dialog that appears, locate "My Documents\My Pictures\Downloaded Albums", and select the picasa photos you want to make Picasa DVD slideshow. If necessary, click the music sign to add music to the storyboard. If required, double-click photo and music so as to edit them.
Step 2: Change Transition for picasa photosWhen you have imported picasa photos , random photo transition will automatically applied to them. But you can change photo transition by clicking transition thumb on storyboard and selecting desired transition in the resulting dialog.
Step 3: Author Picasa DVD menuSwitch to Menu tab to author dvd menu for picasa photo slideshow DVD. Many pre-made DVD menu templates are provided on the left of Menu tab. Double click desired menu template to applied. And then right-click on the right to customize menu to get a personalized slideshow DVD menu. Note that you can change slideshow DVD menu background music to favorite songs. To do so, click the browse button and select a music file from local hard drive.
Step 4: Burn Picasa DVD slideshow with menu
The final step is to burn picasa photo slideshow to DVD. To do so, just select DVD Video as the output format and go to Option dialog to define correct TV standard. Finally, click Start to burn picasa DVD. After waiting for a while, your picasa DVD slideshow is ready to play on TV with stand-alone DVD player.
By the way, you can also burn saved picasa movies to DVD for TV, by taking through some of the above steps. Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder will save your high-quality picasa movie to DVD with music and friendly DVD menu.
More about Picasa DVD Maker
Best Photo DVD Creator
How to Convert Photos to DVD Album
Free Photo Slideshow Creator
Forever Wedding Photo Album Tool
Christmas Homemade DVD Slideshow